Sie müssen zur Ansicht eingeloggt sein!
nicht zur Verfügung gestellt
Italian freelance translator based in Italy. Degree in foreign languages and literatures from Università Cattolica Milano.
28-year experience in the translation industry.
Proven experience in the following areas: business, IT (software and hardware), technical (user manuals, plastics, printing and packaging), food and tourism.
Experienced freelance technical translator, working in the translation market as full-time freelancer since 1988.
Translations from English, French and Spanish into Italian.
4-year university degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures from Università Cattolica di Milano (English/French/Spanish).
My working language pairs:
English>Italian, French>Italian, Spanish>Italian, Italian>English (technical texts)
Freelance translator since 1988
Started my career translating articles from Italian into English for Italian-based publishers involved in the Italian textile machine industry (weaving, spinning, dyeing, bleaching processes, etc).
Have translated a large amount of material in the civil and mechanical engineering area for bilingual (IT/EN) technical magazines published in Milan.
Strong experience in the paper/board converting area, with 5-year collaboration with a Milan-based publisher for whom I translated large volumes on a regular basis. For the same publisher, I also translated material for a bilingual (IT/EN) magazine addressing building/civil engineering issues.
Over the course of the years I have also become familiar with other subjects, and specifically: economics, user manuals (pipe bending machines, turning machines, etc.), technical specifications, culinary arts, advertising.
I also have broad experience in the environment/geology area, thanks to regular collaboration with an Italian avalanche research center that publishes a magazine addressing snow and avalanche safety issues.
Current specialization areas
- IT AREA
- Marketing/Corporate communication
- Economics (financial statements, press releases, market surveys, etc.)
- Legal area
- IT area
Countless translations for clients such as Hitachi, Toshiba, Roadstar, Sabre, American Express, PC World
- Culinary arts
Translation from French/English/Spanish to Italian of a number of cooking/pastry books; translations of menus, hotel websites, etc.
- Financial area
Have been translating countless articles and press releases in the financial area (financial statements, surveys, investment funds, banking). Ongoing collaboration with PR agencies based in the Milan area.
- Legal translations
EN>IT and IT>EN translations of partnership agreements, trade fair agreements, etc.
Some past projects:
- FR>IT translation of technical specifications in the transport field for French Alstom (19,000 words in total)
- EN>IT translation of a study on snow and ice “International classification of seasonal snow on ground” (31,000 words)
- IT>EN translation of two large studies for Università Torino: “Regional distribution of rainfalls and temperatures” (19,000 words) and “Microclimates in Valsusa” (31,000 words)
Some more recent projects:
- IT>EN translation of a legal document (15,000 words)
- EN>IT translation of a study on the trend of hotel prices (7,200 words)
- EN>IT translation of documents in the advertising area (10,300 words)
- IT>EN translation of an Italian-made pasta machine manual with recipes (11,600 words)
- EN>IT translation of several documents dealing with antivirus technology (about 5,000 words in total)
- EN>IT translation of IT documents (about 2,000 words)
- FR>IT translation of 4 cooking books (November 2014-March 2015)
- IT>EN translation of a tender contract for the oil industry (September 2014 -6,000 words)
- EN>IT translation of a document dealing with energy and gas utilities (November 2014 - 7,120 words)
- EN>IT translation of a partnership agreement (December 2014 - 2,600 words)
- FR>IT translation of a lot of a large call for tenders for hotel restoration (December 2015 – about 9,000 words)
|Dieses Mitglied hat noch keine genehmigten Artikel eingereicht.|
|Dieses Mitglied hat noch keine genehmigten Glossar eingereicht.|