Password:
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome to TranslatorPub.Com!
 General Discussion/Chat
 Becoming a moderator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  04:34:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi all, I wanted to know if there is any chance I could become a moderator on this site? I really enjoy being a member here and would like to support the site - thx for your reply.

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2008 :  22:50:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo MHA123,

thank you for your question and please accept my appology for not getting back to you earlier. First of all, thank you very much for your interest in becoming a moderator with TranslatorPub.com.

From time to time as the growth allows it, are we in need of recruiting more moderators in order to provide the best possible service to our TP Members.

Please have a look for anouncements throughout the site, where we are always posting the requirements.

If you want, I can also give you a shout as soon as I know more about it.
Go to Top of Page

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2008 :  22:59:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thx Stefan, that would be very kind of you.

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  03:47:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe my colleagues can let you know a little more about their experience being a moderator?
Go to Top of Page

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  05:59:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeah - good idea ;-)

Go to Top of Page

carolinesaari
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  09:28:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send carolinesaari an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Life Stefan said, more moderators won't be needed until there's more activity on the website (in my very unofficial opinion... I check my pending approval requests about two or three times a day, and I'm always so excited to see something new waiting on me. (Does that make me weird? ;) ) I've noticed, though, that more people seem to be submitting glossaries and articles, most of which are really helpful and interesting.
Go to Top of Page

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  12:08:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Caroline, thanks for letting me know. Yeah - sometimes it is weird people are not actively participating on that great forum - I really enjoy talking to you and meeting new persons... so everyone - say hi and join the topics ... we won´t bite:-)

Go to Top of Page

Alex_H

15 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  13:54:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Stefan, what does that yellow star under your name mean? Did you get it for being an exceptionally good Moderator? :P

p.s I agree with carolinesaari we need more activity on this website. Perhaps we should start writing more articles on the subject of linguistics and translation. Did anyone notice how the article section seems to be filling up with self advertising rather than articles themselves?
Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  22:42:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alex, I think I received it because I posted quite a lot here ;-)

Yes - unfortunately some linguist are using this to advertise themselves, which is not working, because clients expect some sort of meaningful article. By the way, translation samples can be posted on each of your profile pages.
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  20:52:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Then why not remove such a post, Stefan? That's what being a moderator is about, isn't it? ;)
Cheers,

Stanislav

Go to Top of Page

melikaf
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  12:10:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How come MHA123 can moderate one of my postings if he is not a moderator???
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  15:09:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Melikaf,
I have already announced to the site owners in a different thread that each and every forum user can do practically whatever he/she wants. Appartently, there are few or no restrictions, which I don't think is what the site owners want. But I couldn't do more than just making this announcement...

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  16:17:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear all, this forum will be exchanged in the next coming weeks with a new forum. Also please note, that their will be a rating system in place, both to rate companies and to rate translators.

We are working here with a rating company who will include both features towards the site.
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  16:40:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Stefan, that's really good news. I can't wait for the improvements you have announced. :)

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  16:41:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I´m glad you like this - so be patient for quite some time and I believe this will be worth waiting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Chris
Chris

Fundraiser

Chris

Beta

Chris

Site Sponsor

translatorpub

Return to Old
User Interface

YouTube YouTube YouTube

©TranslatorPub.com 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap.

Paypal     Paypal
Paypal     Paypal
Paypal