101a Salusbury Road, NW6 6NH London
Language Combinations: English-Italian/ Italian-English/ French-Italian/ Spanish-Italian
Tel: +44 (0)771 7314498 Email: email@example.com
Current MA student in Interpreting at the University of Westminster, with strong knowledge of simultaneous and consecutive interpreting techniques and proven experience in the booth. Strong analytical skills, excellent knowledge of the foreign language and perfect mastery of the mother tongue, all developed through academic study and previous language-related work experience.
• During postgraduate studies, interpreted speeches, economic and political texts both simultaneously and consecutively. Professional note-taking technique.
• Developed English into an active language through academic technical English workshops and 4 years residence in the UK.
• Ability to quickly understand, analyse and transfer the message into the target language. Fluency in switching from language to another.
• Fluency in both French and Spanish developed through language exchange with mother tongue speakers while living in London.
• Excellent public speaking skills developed through oral presentations and interpreting performances during academic classes.
• Ability to establish professional relationships with colleagues and clients and communicate effectively.
• Ability to quickly research on technical and specific topics and create useful glossaries, developed through 5 years of university and relevant academic projects.
• Strong awareness of foreign cultures, particularly English and French; excellent intercultural communication acquired through and academic module on effective intercultural awareness and personal experience.
Stamina and calm under pressure
• Able to work under pressure of situation and/or time while maintaining an excellent quality, gained during academic projects and working experience as an intern in-house.
• Strong ability to concentrate and memorize during simultaneous interpreting sessions.
• Experience of organising and prioritising workload to meet tight deadlines, when faced with multiple university projects and work commitments.
• Curiosity and interest in current affairs. Regular reader of The Economist with strong interest in current affairs and business news.
09/2011 – Present
Master Degree in Interpreting, University of Westminster
• Relevant interpreting modules studied: Simultaneous Interpreting; Consecutive Interpreting; Public Service Interpreting
09/2004 – 03/2008
BA in Translating and Interpreting from and into Italian, English, Spanish and French, University of Forli, Bologna
• Relevant modules: Liaison Interpreting; Simultaneous Interpreting; English Literature; French Literature; Spanish Literature; Italian Literature; Economic and Business Translation; Linguistic and Cultural Mediation; Spanish; French; Economics and Politics.
• Final year project: “English Varieties in Disney Animated Movies: on social and ethical stereotypes in The Lion King”
06/07/2012 – 12/07/2012 (already recruited)
Volunteer Conference Interpreter- The 2nd European Forum Against Imposed Useless Major Projects, Notre-Dame-des-Landes, France.
• Volunteer simultaneous and consecutive interpreter for Italian, French and English delegations and community groups participating at the Forum.
• Responsible for interpreting within the Forum from and into English, Italian and French.
06/2010 – 02/2011
Volunteer Public Service Interpreter – The Passage, homeless centre, London, UK
• Responsible for providing interpreting service to Italian homeless people living in London.
• Carried out regular assistance to Italian homeless people during interviews with social carers.
01/2010 – 04/2010
Internship as Project Manager, Inter