|Fecha de creación:|
¡Debes iniciar sesión para verlo!
|Fecha de creación:|
|Fecha de actualización:|
Full Name: Zuwaina Khalfan Suleiman Al-Tuwayya
Date of Birth: 23rd June 1976
Marital Status: Single
Languages Email: email@example.com
• External consultant to cApStAn for the Linguistic Quality Control and equivalence check of the Arabic language versions of survey material for the TIMSS2015 projects (IEA), based in Belgium. January-March 2014.
• Book: Constitutional Experience in Oman by Basma Mubarak Saeed, Beirut, Centre for Arab Unity Studies, 2013.
• Translating educational booklets for Earthwatch Institute, Uk since January 2013.
• Translating articles for the Royal Opera House Muscat, 2011-2012.
• A volunteer translator for the Occupy Wall Street Journal 2011-2012.
• Book: Does My Head Look Big In This? A novel by Randa Abdel-Fattah. The translation has been published in March 2012 by Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing.
• Book: Bartleby, the Scrivener. A novella by Herman Melville. Published in January 2010, Naynawa for Studies, Publishing and Distribution, Syria.
• Documents for Oman Resources Development Consultants LLC. 2006.
• Book: Education As A Motor for Development, Recent Education Reforms In Oman With Particular Reference To The Status Of Women And Girls, Shapour Rassekh, International Bureau Of Education, 2005.
• Book: Birdwatching Guide to Oman, Hanne & Jens Eriksen, Panada & Dave E. Sargeant – Al-Roya Publish. March 2003
• Music of Loreena Mckanit – Nizwa Magazine 2003
• Oman Automobile Association Magazine 2003
• A contract for PDO, 2003
• IT Curriculum at the Omani Ministry of Education, since 2001
• Short Stories: Checkov, Mobassant, James Joyce, Ernest Hemingway
• Why I write, an article by George Orwell
• Translating documents for the Omani Public Authority for Social Insurance (PASI) since March 2014.
• Omani curriculum for CfBT Education Services since January 2013.
• Reviewed a translation of Youssef al-Mohaimeed's novel; Pigeons Do Not Fly in Buraida, suggested by Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing, July 2012.
• Birds of Oman, a documentary film for Oman TV. 2004
• Currently involved in the Curriculum Standards Project between the Ministry of Education and CfBT Education Services since January 2013.
• Translator at the Ministry of Education, since 2001, Sultanate of Oman
• English teacher at Ibra Basic Education School, 2000-2001, Sultanate of Oman
• English teacher at Sumayya Secondary School, 99-2000, Sultanate of Oman
• English teacher at Seih Alafia Elementary & Preparatory School 98-99, Sultanate of Oman
• Msc in Translation Studies at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, November 2007.
• Polyglot General Translation Certificate, 2003, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
• Bachelor Degree in Education, English specialization, Sultan Qaboos University, 1998, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
• Secondary School 1993-94, Ibra, Sharqiya North, Sultanate of Oman
Trainings, Workshops and courses:
• Online verifier training (using GoTo Webinar) conducted by cApStAn Linguistic Quality Control, 31 January 2014.
• Women Entrepreneurship Promotion program (WEP), Maastricht School of Management (MsM), the Netherlands, 18 November- 06 December 2013.
• Literary Translation workshop, Abu Dhabi, April 2013
• Literary Translation workshop, Cairo, January 2010
• Professional Public Speaking Course, June 2008, Target Training Services, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
• Polyglot General Translation course, 9 months, 2003, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
• Attended the NZSTI conference in New Zealand, 28-30 June 2013.
• Attended the 2nd Abu Dhabi International Conference for Translation organized by Tourism and Cultural Authority Abu Dhabi, 25-28 April 2013.
• Participated in Literary Translation Workshop (24-29/01/2010) held by the British Council in Cairo.
|Áreas temáticas existentes|
|Este miembro no ha enviado ningun articulo aun.|
|Glosario ||Idiomas ||Asunto ||Estadisticas ||Descripcion|
|Este miembro no ha enviado ningun glosario aprobado aun.|