Password:
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome to TranslatorPub.Com!
 CAT Tool Help
 Swordfish
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sethivan
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  06:48:32  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi! Has anyone tried the above-captioned CAT? Some of my friends have started using or rather evaluating it, but they are working from scratch. As I'm using Oo3 more and more these days, I'm more interested to know if I can leverage legacy tmx, mainly from Trados, on Swordfish.

I 'tinkered' with the OmegaT/Oo3 combo but found that a bit cumbersome - perhaps because I'm so used to using Trados.

Would really appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much.

Regards
Seth

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  07:09:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Seth,

unfortunately not, do you have a link? I´m curious about this :-)

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Sethivan
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  08:46:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try http://www.maxprograms.com/products/swordfish.html

For those so used to MS Word, not having the CAT on your toolbar makes this a "no-no" but methinks that if I were able to leverage on my tmx and go on from there, this CAT offers a viable option to Trados. Even the need to copy files into XLIFE format and copying back to original format has been taken care by the software.. ... Perhaps when I'm less busy, I'll have a real go at it and update the forum.

regards
Seth

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  09:05:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Seth,

this really looks good. Whenever you have some updates, let us know here in the forum. Im sure a lot of persons will be interested in this ;-) Many thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Chris
Chris

Fundraiser

Chris

Beta

Chris

Site Sponsor

translatorpub

Return to Old
User Interface

YouTube YouTube YouTube

©TranslatorPub.com 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap.

Paypal     Paypal
Paypal     Paypal
Paypal