Password:
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 TranslatorPub.Com Support
 Feedback
 Search for translators neeeds improvement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MicheleGile
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  19:05:34  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Guys, just as for the job search we need to have a source and traget search ability when searching for a translator.
Just the field or country is not enough.

Usually job postings or a job poster searches by source to target languages first and then for field of expertise; and then checks of other options such as country of residence etc.

Thus, this would help the agnecy find the translator and help the translator being found.

-> Hallo Michelle, we are currently in the process to set up this feature along with several other great new features in order to gain even more value for Pub. Stefan

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  03:35:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
-> Hallo Michelle, we are currently in the process to set up this feature along with several other great new features in order to gain even more value for Pub. Stefan
Go to Top of Page

acadavid
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  09:21:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'd also recommend adding an email field for job posters. For example, Job 5001 says something like, "send resume to email or telephone us" but it gives no contact information! Perhaps we they get zero replies they will notice that they left out the crucial information. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Chet0012
Administrator

19 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2008 :  14:41:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Acadavid,

This is a great mention - our job seekers are always working hard to make sure the site contains great jobs, but they do sometimes make mistakes. We apologize for this! We have brought this to their attention, and we will do our best to make sure our job seekers' posts are always done with the complete, necessary information.

Thank you for your feedback!

Very best,

- Chris K.

-----------------
Working hard to take the lead in online language websites!
Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  01:33:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Acadavid,

we will set up a detailed FAQ about "How to post" jobs correctly and how other systems are working soon.

I hope this will make it more easy for our members to use the features of TranslatorPub.com to its fullest extend.
Go to Top of Page

MHA123

50 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  04:54:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Stefan, sounds like a great idea. Why dont you set up a system like wiki and have the senior members explain the features and you just put it on the spot (where it belongs - maybe with a name of the person). I believe this would make fun and people might be interested - I´m the first volunteer to help you - as I believe this might be a lot of work and could be fun for us to build the site further ;-)

Just let me know your thoughts on this...btw, thx for the PM.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Chris
Chris

Fundraiser

Chris

Beta

Chris

Site Sponsor

translatorpub

Return to Old
User Interface

YouTube YouTube YouTube

©TranslatorPub.com 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap.

Paypal     Paypal
Paypal     Paypal
Paypal