Payment morale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4 Un-Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  07:45:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Pramod,
yes, I agree. There's a lot of risk if you don't know the people you are dealing with personally. That's why it's generally necessary to verify their payment practices on the web.
I work for one translation agency which requires a 60-day payment term as well. But it is one of the major agencies in the world and they always pay. Moreover, the terms and conditions were discussed beforehand, so there's really no problem about that.
Go to Top of Page

Keiko
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2009 :  05:15:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Pramod & Stanislav,

Oh yes, there is so much risk to meet dishonest job suppliers in this industry. The translation sites which Stanislav mentioned have the trustworthy information about good/bad agencies, Pramod. And you can rate any agencies.

BTW, I noticed today again that TranslatorPub placed a job whose language pair was English > Japanese, from a very notorious fraudulent company and I do hope no other translators would be scammed by this agency. They have been just banned from posting jobs from TranslationDirectory. I pay for the full membership since a while and have discovered some jobs were fraud or very suspicious. (Many jobs are the same ones being posted at TranslatorsCafe.com though)

As Stanislav mentioned hundreds of times on the site, I think it's time for TranslatorPub to work out the measure/policy such as Blueboard against the fraudulent agencies. We would appreciate !

Dear Stanislav/Pramod, which payment method do you prefer ??
I prefer clients' payment simply via bank transfer for the clients in Euro zone. For others via Paypal. As recipient of money, which is more practical for you, Paypal or Moneybookers ? Many thanks.

Go to Top of Page

PramodSrivastava
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2009 :  17:58:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Keiko,

I prefer a bank transfer in Germany. Second preference PayPal. Question to you guys. How does one tackle tax ? Are we supposed to add VAT to the invoiced amount. The agencies should be able to write off such things.

Also how is Transperfect as a company. Heard anything about them ?

Regards, Pramod

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Keiko[/i]
[br]Hi Pramod & Stanislav,

Oh yes, there is so much risk to meet dishonest job suppliers in this industry. The translation sites which Stanislav mentioned have the trustworthy information about good/bad agencies, Pramod. And you can rate any agencies.

BTW, I noticed today again that TranslatorPub placed a job whose language pair was English > Japanese, from a very notorious fraudulent company and I do hope no other translators would be scammed by this agency. They have been just banned from posting jobs from TranslationDirectory. I pay for the full membership since a while and have discovered some jobs were fraud or very suspicious. (Many jobs are the same ones being posted at TranslatorsCafe.com though)

As Stanislav mentioned hundreds of times on the site, I think it's time for TranslatorPub to work out the measure/policy such as Blueboard against the fraudulent agencies. We would appreciate !

Dear Stanislav/Pramod, which payment method do you prefer ??
I prefer clients' payment simply via bank transfer for the clients in Euro zone. For others via Paypal. As recipient of money, which is more practical for you, Paypal or Moneybookers ? Many thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  12:28:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you have valuable information to share about Payment Morale, don´t hesitate to leave feedback under the TranslatorPub Rating System. This will help your fellow colleagues to get more information due to your experience. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

heykalemba
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2017 :  05:27:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
A great place to start your career as a translator is this Guide on How to Become a Professional Translator: http://www.columbustranslations.co.uk/language-translator. I have put a lot of work into it but I would still love to try and improve on it. That's why please feel free to share and comment and if you'd like to suggest your favourite resources, let me know in the comments below the article so I can add them as and when they come in. Many thanks. Any questions, let me know...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Un-Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Chris
Chris

Fundraiser

Chris

Beta

Chris

Site Sponsor

translatorpub

Return to Old
User Interface

YouTube YouTube YouTube

©TranslatorPub.com 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap.

Paypal     Paypal
Paypal     Paypal
Paypal