|Article Title: Useful tips for translator in ensuring quality translation|
3, Average Rating: 8 (10 Max)
Many translators know it is a challenge to ensure a quality translation to clients. While many can delivery translation of reasonable quality, only a handful can boost about delivering a translation of the highest quality to clients. The followings are some simple tips to aid you towards delivering a quality translation. It typically requires both an edition and proofreading stage before the document is ready for delivery. However, as translation is the first step in this process, also known as TEP (translation-edition-proofreading), delivering a quality translation from the start is essential for the other steps to run smoothly.
1. Before agreeing to a translation, be sure to revise the document first and make sure that you feel comfortable both with the subject matter and language flavor.
2. Also, make sure you are familiar with the file format or requested translation tools such as CAT tools.
3. While translating, use any reference material, style guides or translation glossaries sent to you so that your terminology and style are consistent with other documents for the same client.
4. While you are working, have dictionaries or other online resources specific to the topic you are translating at hand for easy reference.
5. Contact the project manager or client immediately if you foresee any problems with the document.
6. When finished translating, read over the document once more to make sure that the text makes sense and there are no errors.
7. You should always look at your translation as if it were the final product, and don’t count on editors or proofreaders to fix your mistakes.
8. Be sure to run a spelling and grammar check before delivery.
9. Check the translated document against the source for any missing text or formatting issues.
10. With your file delivery, be sure to include any notes or comments for the client or for the editors about the translation.