|First (Given) Name:|
|Middle Name:||Last (Family) Name:|
You must be Logged In To View!
I have completed my degree in French and German and I would like to find some translation work to gain some more experience in the industry. My English is excellent and I feel confident translating a variety of texts, however I would prefer more creative assignments.
In my final year I have concentrated on translation units, both theoretical and practical, and achieved good grades (1st class/high 2:1) in every assignment.
I have done some freelance work from German into English including l
UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA, NORWICH
September 2004 – June 2008
BA Modern Languages: Double Honours (French/German) 2:1 expected
INVICTA GRAMMAR SCHOOL, MAIDSTONE
September 2002 – July 2004
4 A-Levels: German A, French B, English C, General Studies C
MAIDSTONE GRAMMAR SCHOOL
September 1997 – July 2002
10 GCSEs: A* - B, 1 AO-Level: C
University placement October 2006 – June 2007
• Administrative tasks including organization of class schedules and resources, student certification and documentation of activities.
• Designing website for English department.
• Translation of course materials.
• Creating, preparing and conducting classes – changed aims of classes to be more practical and enjoyable for students.
University research project including survey, study of government legislation and formal interview of a council representative, all independently organised.
Independent research undertaken on possible online student exchange system, with interest gained from Montpellier university.
Development: organisation, communication, analytical skills and French in all capacities.
LEEDS CASTLE PLC (later COMPASS GROUP)
Casual work April 2003 – September 2007
• Worked across three departments: housekeeping, catering and banqueting.
• Worked in restaurant and hotel, including unsociable hours.
• Occasional responsibility to train new staff.
Development: customer interaction, teamwork.
SOME PAID TRANSLATION WORK
2004 - 2005
• Freelance for various employers.
• Financial statements and product descriptions, German to English.
Freelance for Wagner International Consultants 2008-
• Client correspondence, invoices, legal documents.
COMPUTER Desktop Applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
SKILLS Operating Systems: Windows, Macintosh
LANGUAGES French: advanced/fluent
INTERESTS Sports: football, windsurfing, gym, swimming, running
|Existing Subject Areas|
|This member has not submitted any approved articles yet.|
|This member has not submitted any approved glossaries yet.|